Popular booth at BIMU
The recently ended 29th edition of BIMU / SFORTEC (biannual trade show for machine tool, robotics and automations) at Fiera Milano (Rho – Milan, Italy), Fagor Automation rates very positively its participation in the event thanks to the large number of people that visited their booth.
With 1,060 exhibitor companies and a surface of 90,000 square meters, BIMU/SFORTEC is the most important exhibition of the Italian industry. Promoted by UCIMU and CEI, the show has registered 61,926 visitors, 5,2% more than at the previous edition (2012), of whom 4% were from 75 foreign countries.
Categories of products shown in the 4 halls:
– Metal cutting machines
– Forming machines
– Tools and accessories
– Industrial robots and industrial automation
– Tools and machines for measuring and metrology
– Machines, equipment and installations for welding, treatments and finishes
– Research and development
– Environment and safety
– CAD, CAM, CAE, PLM systems
Like in earlier editions and as a sample of the company’s presence on the Italian market, Fagor Automation was there with its own booth showing the wide range of products it offers for Machine Tool and Automation. It should be pointed out at this edition, that Fagor’s presence was even more widespread thanks to some “totems” showing the CNC 8065 installed in the booths of many of their important customers. Companies that have chosen Fagor products with which to equip their most demanding machines giving the chance to check out the advanced features of the CNC 8065 installed in their booth.
The Fagor booth showed the wide range of products they offer for machine tools: CNCs, digital drives, motors, DROs and feedback systems. Among which standing out:
- Linear encoders with 10 nanometer resolution and digital interface.
- Absolute encoders for various digital interfaces (Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, DRIVE-CLiQ-Siemens).
- New CNC concept, with the user in mind: CNC 8060 / CNC 8065.
- The CNC 8060 was awarded a special mention in the National Award for Design and Innovation in Machine-tools and manufacturing technologies (Spain, June 2014).
- The 8065 is a high-end CNC that with its 32 axes + spindles, 4 execution channels and 4 tool magazines can meet the requirements of any machine tool, even those of the most complex ones.
Demos on the CNC 8065
The demos running on the CNC 8065 attracted many visitors who could see first hand the performance of the latest CNC version: ProGTL3 language which thanks to its 5 G codes (G810, G811, G813, G820 , G821) and the new macros (e.g. G8736, 3D pocket defined by a plane profile and 10 section profiles) allows simple machine-level programming, with unmatched performance on the market.